GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
Collegiate Education – Permission to engage (930) Contract Lecturers in Govt. Degree Colleges (849 renewal + 81 fresh in (09) newly sanctioned GDCs) in the State from the opening day of the academic year 2014-15 – Permission - Accorded – Orders – Issued.
HIGHER EDUCATION (CE) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Rt.No. 14 Dated:03-07-2014.Read the following:
1) G.O.Ms.No.142, Higher Education (CE.I) Dept., dt.01.10.2000.
2) G.O. Rt.No.442, Higher Education (CE.I) Deptt, dated 21-06-2013.
3) G.o. Rt No.801, Higher Education (CE-II) Dept., dt:30.9.2013.
4) From the Commissioner of Collegiate Education, Telangana State, Hyderabad, Lr.No.70/Ser-II-1/2014, dt.4.6.2014.5) Government Memo. No.03/CE/2014, dated 17-06-2014.
6) From the Commissioner of Collegiate Education, Telangana State, Hyderabad, Lr.No.70/Ser-II-1/2014, dt.21.6.2014.
The Commissioner of Collegiate Education, Telangana State, Hyderabad in her letter reference 6th read above has stated that there are (126) Govt. Degree Colleges in the State of Telangana, out of which (69) old Government of Degree Colleges and (57) are Newly sanctioned Government Degree Colleges during the years 2008, 2009, 2013 & 2014. Further, there are 1377 vacant posts available in Government Degree Colleges and 849 contract Lecturers were engaged during the academic year 2013-14 in the State of Telangana and 244 additional posts are to be engaged on contract basis due to increase in work-load in the Colleges in 2014-15 (including 9 new colleges sanctioned during the year 2013-14). She has requested the Govt. to accord permission to engage 1093 contract faculties in Government of Degree Colleges in the State of Telangana by both renewal of contract Lecturers who were working in the last academic year 2013-14 for the year 2014-15 and also to engage fresh candidates in the remaining unfilled vacancies where no renewal candidates were available in the previous year and also where the additional work load warrants.
2. After careful examination of the matter, Government hereby accord permission to the Commissioner of Collegiate Education, Telangana State, Hyderabad for engaging (930) Contract Lecturers in Government Degree Colleges (849 renewal + 81 fresh in (09) newly sanctioned Government of Degree Colleges) in the State for the academic year 2014-15 with effect from the date of re-opening of Colleges, subject to the condition that the renewal shall be strictly based on actual requirement with reference to admissions and also following conditions envisaged in G.O.Rt.No.442, H.E.(CE.I) Dept., dt.21.06.2013:-
- (a) Undertake a critical analysis of the need for personnel servies obtained through outsourcing and contracting system and come up with proposals for rationalising the existing system.
- (b) Establish performance bench-marks for each individual working on outsourcing and contracting basis and monitor their performance closely and take appropriate action to extinguish their service relationship whenever performance falls short of established benchmarks.
- (c) As and when a post is filled on regular basis, if any individual hired through outsourcing or contract is currently occupying such a post, his/her services must be dispensed with.
- (d) Instructions of the Government with reference to ‘Outsourcing/Congtracting’ be followed scrupulously.
3. The Commissioner of Collegiate Education, Telangana State, Hyderabad shall take necessary further action in the matter, accordingly.
4. This Order issues with the concurrence of Finance (HR.I) Department, vide their U.O. No.243/22/A3/HRM-I/2014, dated 26-06-2014.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF TELANGANA STATE)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT