GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act 2014 (Act 6 of 2014) - Bifurcation of Acharya N.G Ranga Agricultural University and establishment of Professor K.Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University Adaptation of Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University Act, 1963 - Implementation – Certain orders – Issued.
AGRICULTURE AND COOPERATION (AGRI.III) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No.7 Dated:31.07.2014.Read the following:-
1. Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act 2014 (Act 6 of 2014) dated: 01.03.2014.
2. Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University Board Management Resolution No.9553, dated: 13-04-2014.
3. G.O.Ms.No.178, GAD (SR) Department, dated: 18-05-2014.
4. Circular Memo.No.13665/GA (SR), dated: 26-05-2014.
5. U.O. Note No.823-A/197/A1/BG1/2014, dated: 23-5-2014.
The Central Government enacted the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014(Act 6 of 2014) dated: 01.03.2014, and the Government of India notified 2nd June 2014 as the appointed day for formation of a new state of Telangana.
2. The Government of Andhra Pradesh prior to bifurcation issued instructions /guidelines to all Heads of Departments/ Corporations/ Autonomous Bodies for preparation of Bifurcation proposals for review and approval including Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University. Accordingly Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University completed all tasks prescribed by the Centre for Good Governance.
3. In the Resolution 2nd read above, the Board of Management of Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University has resolved to bifurcate the Head of Department (Vice Chancellor) Office of Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University as prescribed vide Circular Memo No.7164/SR/A1/2014, dated 12-3-2014 and submitted the proposals vide Lr. No. 220/SC/A2/2014, dated: 17-04-2014 concerning (a) distribution of posts in Vice Chancellor (Head of Department) Office in the ratio of 58:42; (b) Existing Architecture of undivided Vice Chancellor (Head of Department) Office, Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University .
4. The Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University mandate involves Education, Research and Extension activities. Accordingly since inception of the University the institutions viz. Colleges, Research Stations and Extension Centre were established in both the successor states (erstwhile three regions) to address the location specific needs to meet the above functions. It is clearly evident that the Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University possess the adequate number of Colleges, Research Stations and Extension Centers in both the successor states of Telangana and residuary Andhra Pradesh so that Undisrupted Teaching, Research & Extension Services are delivered to students and farming community in successor States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh immediately after bifurcation of Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University.
5. In the G.O. 3rd read above, orders inter-alia were issued in order to ensure equal opportunities for quality higher education to all students in successor states of Telangana and residuary State of Andhra Pradesh for a period of 10-years following the existing admission quota & admission process in the disciplines of Agriculture, Horticulture & Veterinary effective from the 2nd June, 2014. Hence, even after bifurcation of Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University there would not be any disruption in providing equal opportunities in terms of admission quotas and process to students of both the states for quality higher education in Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering and Home Science faculties.
6. In the Circular Memo. 4th read above, Government clarified that
- (i) All the law, which were applicable to the undivided State of Andhra Pradesh, as on 1-6-2014, would continue to apply to the new States i.e., State of Telangana and State of Andhra Pradesh created by the Central act, w.e.f. 2-6-2014 notwithstanding the bifurcation of the erstwhile State Andhra Pradesh.
- (ii) To facilitate their application in respect of the State of Telangana and the State of Andhra Pradesh, the appropriate Government may, before the expiration of two years from 2-6-2014, by order, make such adaptations and modifications of the law, whether byway of repeal or amendment, as may be necessary or expedient: and thereupon.
- (iii) Every such law as adapted or modified as above, will continue such time it is altered, repealed or amended by a competent, legislature or other competent authority, in the respective States.
7. In the U.O.Note 5th read above, Government issued orders authorizing expenditure from the Consolidated Fund of the State of Telangana for a period of 4-months from 2nd June, 2014 to the newly proposed operational unit of Agriculture University in Telangana State under the Head of M.J.H.2415 S.M.J.H.01 MH 120 Assistance to other institutions [S.H.(04) Assistance to Andhra Pradesh Agriculture University 310 Grant-in-aid towards salaries and 312 Other Grants-in-Aid]
8. Government after careful examination of the matter hereby direct the Nodal Officer / Registrar of Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University to take necessary action duly following the necessary procedure for implementation of the following:-
- Bifurcation of Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University and developing of institutions to successor states based on present location as per AP Reorganisation Act 2014.
- To establish an Agricultural University in Telangana State to be named as i.e “Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University” post bifurcation which is to be located at the existing campus at Rajendranagar, Hyderabad -500030.
- Adaptation of the existing Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University Act, 1963 during transitory period for smooth functioning of the University immediately post bifurcation as per Circular Memo No.13665/GA(SR)/2014 dated 26-5-2014 till enactment of State Agricultural University Establishment Act for Telangana State.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF TELANGANA)
APC & PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT