GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
CA,F&CS.Department-The Andhra Pradesh State Consumer Protection Rules, 1987– Adaptation to the State of Telangana – Orders – Issued.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ==
CONSUMER AFFAIRS,FOOD & CIVILSUPPLIES(CS.I-RC) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 10. Date:15 -10-2014Read the following:
1. The Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act-2014 (Central Act No. 6 of 2014).
2. Circular Memo. No. 13665/SR/2014, General Administration (SR) Department, dated 26.05.2014.
3. The Andhra Pradesh State Consumer Protection Rules, 1987.
****O R D E R:
Whereas by virtue of section 3 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act,2014(Central Act No. 6 of 2014),the State of Telangana comprising the territories specified therein has been formed on and from the appointed day of 02.06.2014 and the expression ”the State ” shall have the meaning and area as specified in the said section.
2. And whereas, in section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act,2014, a provision has been made for the purpose of facilitating the application of any law (as defined in section 2 (f) of the Act) made before the appointed day, in relation to the State of Andhra Pradesh or the State of Telangana, the appropriate Government may, before expiration of two years from 02.06.2014, by order, make such adaptations and modifications of the law, whether by way of repeal or amendment, as may be necessary or expedient, and thereupon every such law shall have effect subject to the adaptations and modifications so made until altered, repealed or amended by a competent Legislature or other competent authority;
3. And whereas, it has been decided for constitution of
Telangana State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission for the State of Telangana, in exercise of the powers conferred by the clause (b) of section 9 of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 (Central Act 68 of 1986).
4. And whereas, the A.P.State Consumer Protection Rules, 1987, are in force as on 01.06.2014;
5. And whereas, after careful examination, Government have decided to adapt the Andhra Pradesh State Consumer Protection Rules, 1987 to the State of Telangana.
6. Now therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Re-organization Act, 2014 (Central Act No. 6 of 2014), the Government of Telangana hereby,order for adaptation of the Andhra Pradesh State Consumer Protection Rules, 1987, to the State of Telangana by substituting the word “Telangana “ for the words “Andhra Pradesh” occurring in section 1 of the said rules.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF TELANGANA)
EX- OFFICIO SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT