GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
ACTS - The Andhra Pradesh Intermediate Education Act, 1971 (Act 2 of 1971) - Adaptation to the State of Telangana – Orders – Issued.
HIGHER EDUCATION (IE) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 21 Date:20.10.2014Read:
The Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014)
Whereas, by section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014, the appropriate Government i.e. the State of Telangana is empowered by order, to make such adaptations and modifications of any law made before 02.06.2014, whether by way of repeal or amendment as may be necessary or expedient, for the purpose of facilitating the application of such law in the State of Telangana, before expiration of two years from 02.06.2014; and thereupon every such law shall have effect subject to the adaptation and modifications so made until altered, repealed or amended by a competent Legislature or other Competent Authority;
2. And whereas, it has become necessary to adapt and modify the Andhra Pradesh Intermediate Education Act, 1971 (Act No.2 of 1971) in force as on 01.06.2014 for the purpose of facilitating its application in relation to the State of Telangana;
3. Accordingly, the following Notification will be published in Part IV-B of Extra-ordinary Gazette of Telangana State:
In exercise of powers conferred by section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014), the Government of Telangana hereby makes the following order, namely:-
1. (1) This order may be called the Andhra Pradesh Intermediate Education Act (Telangana Adaptation) Order, 2014.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force with effect from 02.06.2014.
2. The Andhra Pradesh General Clauses Act, 1891 (Act No.1 of 1891), applies for the interpretation of this Order as it applies for the interpretation of a State Act.
3. In the Andhra Pradesh Intermediate Education Act, 1971(herein after referred to as the Principal Act) throughout, for the words "Andhra Pradesh", the word "Telangana" shall be substituted.
4. In the Principal Act, in section 2, for clause (6), the following shall be substituted: Namely:-
"(6) "Director" means the (i). Commissioner and Director of Collegiate Education, (ii). The Commissioner and Director of School Education and (iii). The Commissioner and Director of Intermediate Education” and includes an Additional or Joint Director of the said institutions on whom all or any of the powers of the Director under this Acts may be conferred by the Government;"
5. In the Principal Act, in section 3, for sub-sections (1) and (2), the following shall be substituted: Namely:-
"3.Establishment, Constitution, Incorporation etc., of the Board
(1) The Government may, by notification, and with effect on and from such date as may be specified therein, establish a Board for the purposes of this Act, to be called the Telangana Board of Intermediate Education.
(2) The Board shall consist of the Chairman of the Board and the following members, namely:-
(a) the Secretary to Government in Education Department;
(b) the Commissioner and Director of Collegiate Education ;
(c) the Commissioner and Director of School Education;
(d) the Commissioner and Director of Intermediate Education;
(e) the Director of Technical Education, Telangana;
(f) the Director of Medical Services, Telangana;
(g) the Director of Industries, Telangana;
(h) the Director of Agriculture, Telangana;
(i) the Director of Telugu Academy, Telangana;
(j) the Secretary to the Board;
(k) One person shall be nominated by the Government to represent the Finance Department
(l) One person to be nominated by each of the Universities in the State, to represent the University concerned
(m) One Principal of a College to be nominated by the Government;
(n) Six Principals of the Junior Colleges or other affiliated colleges and recognised Colleges or educational institutions in the State, to be nominated by the Government, of whom at least one shall be a Principal of a Women's Junior College and one shall be a Principal of a Junior College under private management
(o) Not more than Three persons possessing Expert Knowledge in the Subjects included in the courses of study to be co-opted by the Board in the manner laid down in the Regulations."
(6) In the Principal Act, for section 6, the following shall be substituted, Namely:-
"6. Appointment of Vice-Chairman and his functions.
(1) The Government shall appoint one Vice-Chairman from amongst the members of the Board
(2) The Vice-Chairman shall assist the Chairman in all matters, administrative or academic, and shall exercise such powers and perform such functions as may be delegated to him by the Chairman.
(3) When the office of the Chairman is vacant, the Vice-Chairman shall perform the functions of the Chairman.
7. For the purpose of this Order, and the Act adapted herein, the expression “the State” shall have the meaning and area as specified in section 3 of the A.P. Reorganisation Act, 2014.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF TELANGANA)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT