5. Working on Social Issues and Themes.
Children can also develop plots based on social themes if they given chance. These plots in turn yield dramas.
The following steps are to be followed:
- Identifying a social theme
- Developing a plot that has a begining, the middle and the end.
- Deciding dramatic events
- Fixing the characters
- Deciding the scene
- Developing the participants of the theatre workshop to get hands on experience on dialogues and actions
- Deciding position and movement of characters
- Planning the drama without writing the script and performing it.
- Reflecting on the presentation both by the performers and the viewers. Dramas were worked out on themes such as marginalization and child labour.