GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
PENSIONS - Sanction of Consolidated of Pension/Family Pension to Pensioners retired in the pre-revised scales of Pay, 2015 - Enhancement of Financial Assistance- Enhancement of Minimum Pension to Pensioners & Family pensioners - Orders- issued.
FINANCE (HRM.V) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 33 Dated: 07-04-2015.Read the following:-
- G.O.Ms.No.156 Finance (Pen-I) Dept., dt. 16.9.1999
- G.O.Ms.No.248 Finance (Pen-I) Dept., dt.04.10.2005.
- G.O.(P).No.338 Finance (Pen-I) Dept., dt.02.11.2005.
- G.O.Ms.No.438 G.A. (Spl.A) Dept., dated.07.07.2008.
- G.O.Ms.No.598 G.A. (Spl.A) Dept., dated. 26.11.2009.
- G.O.(P).No.108 Finance (Pen-I) Dept., dt.03.05.2006.
- G.O.P. No.314 Finance (Pen-I) Dept., dt.,18.10.2008.
- G.O.Ms.No.52 Finance (PC-I) Dept., dated 25.02.2010.
- G.O.Ms.No.100. Finance (Pen.I) Dept., dated:06.04.2010
- G.O.Ms.No.95 G.A. (Spl.A) Dept., dated. 28.02.2013
- G.O.Ms.No.25 Finance (HRM.IV) Dept., dated:18.03.2015.
* * * * *ORDER:
In the Government Order 10th read above, orders were issued constitutingTenthPay Revision Commission and laying down the terms of reference of the Pay Revision Commission.
2. The TenthPay Revision Commissionsubmitteditsreporttothe Government on 29.05.2014 and recommended, inter alia, the followingin respect of pensionary benefits.
- (i) Consolidate the basic pension/family pension by merging the Dearness Reliefason01.07.2013and by adding the fitment of 29% to the Basic Pension / Basic Family Pension.
- (ii) To fix the Minimum Pension at Rs.6500/- p.m.
- (iii) To raise the minimum Financial Assistance to the minimum of family pension of Rs.6,500/- p.m. with no Dearness Relief.
- (iv) To continue the existing commutationtable.
3. IntheGovernmentOrder,11threadabove,ordershavebeenissued revising the Pay Scales of the State Government Employees in pursuance of the recommendations of the Tenth Pay Revision Commissioner and discussions with Employees Associations with effect from 01.07.2013 and with monetary benefit from 02.06.2014.
4. Aftercarefulconsiderationoftheabove recommendations of the Pay Revision Commission, Government havedecidedto acceptthesame andhereby order as follows.
- (a) TheexistingPension/FamilyPension,inrespectofthoseretiredor died while in service prior to 01.07.2013 and also in the case of family pensioners who are in receipt of Family pension as on1.7.2013,be consolidated, by adding43%offitment benefit on the said basic Pension/ basic Family Pension and by merging the Dearness Relief @ 63.344% admissible as on 01.07.2013 and the same shall be known as Revised ConsolidatedBasicPension/ Revised Consolidated Basic Family Pension.
- (b) This Revised Consolidated Basic Pension or Revised Consolidated Basic Family Pension shall come into force with effect from 01.07.2013 notionally and the monetary benefit beallowed with effect from 02.06.2014
- (c) NodifferenceonRetirementGratuity/Encashmentof Earned Leave shall be allowedin case of employees who retired between01.07.2013and01.06.2014.
- (d) As regards the arrears on account of consolidation of Pension/Family pension / Financial Assistance from 02.06.2014 to 28.02.2015, orders will be issued separately. The consolidated Pension/FamilyPension shall be paid in cash from the month of March 2015 payable in the month of April 2015.
6. While fixing the consolidated basic pension/basicfamilypensionas above,partofa rupee, if any arrived, should be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
7. The Interim Relief paid from 01.01.2014 to 01.06.2014 shall not be recovered. Interim Relief paid for the period beyond 02.06.2014 shall be adjusted from the monetary benefit payable on account of revision of consolidated basic pension consolidated basic family pension.
8. While consolidating the Pension, the additional quantum of pension paid to pensioners on attaining specified ages, which is shown distinctly,should be ignored.
9. A ready reckoner has been appended to this order as Annexure –I. This ready reckoner can be used as reference for payment of the arrears of pension and fixation of Revised Consolidated Basic Pension/Revised ConsolidatedBasicFamilyPension ordered above.
10. In the case of employees who retired on or after 02.06.2014 the pension shall be calculated on the pay in Revised Pay Scales 2015 only.
- 11.1Theemployeeswhoretiredbetween01.07.2013and01.06.2014are eligible for revision of their pay in the Revised Pay Scales,2015 notionally as per the orders issued in the G.O.11th readabove.Assuch,the pensions of these employees have to be revised notionally based on the revised pay in Revised Pay Scales,2015 and monetary benefit should be allowed from 02.06.2014 only.
- 11.2. NodifferenceonRetirementGratuity/EncashmentofEarned Leave shall be allowed to the pensioners on the pension notionally fixed as above.
- 11.3. However,thedifference incommutation value of pension shall be allowed on
the pension notionally fixed as above, keeping in view the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India dated.11.11.2005 in C.A.Nos.6780/2005 (arising out of SLP (Civil)No.5394-5470/2004) and as per the orders issued in the reference 6thread above.
12. A Government servant shall continue to be entitled to commute for laumpsum payment up to 40% of his pension. The existing Table of commutation value for pension shall be continued.
13.Government alsohereby order forthepayment of Dearness Relief on the Revised Consolidated Basic Pension/ Revised Consolidated Basic Family Pension as well as on the Pension/ Family Pension fixed with reference to the pay drawn in the Revised Pay Scales 2015 at the rates applicable from time to time with effect from 01.01.2014, 01.07.2014 as indicatedbelow.
|Date of effect||Rates ofDearness Reliefsanctioned by theGovernment of India.||Revised rates of DearnessRelief|
14. The Dearness Relief shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
15. These orders are applicable to:
- (1) All Government Pensioners governedby A.P. RevisedPension Rules, 1980.
(i) Who retired or died prior to 01.07.2013.
(ii) Those who retired or died between 01.07.2013 and 01.06.2014 without the benefit of Revised Pay Scales,2015.
(iii) Those who retired prior to 01.01.1996 drawing UGC pay scales and whose pension was ordered to be consolidated in the light of orders issued in G.O (P) No.95 Finance (Pen.I) Department dated 01.08.2000.
(iv) Provisional Pensioners and Anticipatory Pensioners.
- (2) (a) AllGovernment Pensionersinreceiptof Service Pensions,Family
PensionsunderRevisedPension Rules, 1951,the survivors of class-
IVemployeesof Nizam-E-Jamiath of Ex- Hyderabad Government,AndhraPradesh Liberalized Pension Rules1961 and Andhra Pradesh Government Servants (Family Pension) Rules, 1964.
(b) Teachingandnon-teaching pensioners of Municipalities, Panchayat Raj InstitutionsandAided Educational Institutions who are in receipt of pensions undertheAndhraPradeshLiberalisedPensionRules,1961 and Andhra Pradesh Government Servants (Family Pension) Rules, 1964 and A.P. Revised Pension Rules, 1980.
(c) Teachingandnon-teachingstaffinAidedEducational Institutionsin receiptofpensionsunderthe Contributory Provident Fund-cum-Pension and Gratuity Rules, 1961 and Andhra Pradesh Liberalised Pension Rules, 1961.
(d) ThosedrawingfamilypensionsunderG.O.Ms.No.22, Financeand Planning(FW.Pen-I) Department,dated. 16.01.1971, G.O.Ms.No.104, FinanceandPlanning [FW.Pen-I)Department,dated. 13.04.1973andG.O.Ms.No.25,FinanceandPlanning(FW.Pen-I) Department, dated 02.02.1974.
(e) Pensioners who are in receipt of Compassionate Pension under the rules for Compassionate Pensions and Gratuities in the Hyderabad Civil Services Rules; and
(f) ThoseinreceiptofPensionsundertheExtraordinaryPension Rules.
- (3) Jagir and Estate Pensioners
16. The above consolidation of pension does not apply to:
- (i) ThosewhoaredrawingpayintheRevisedPayScale2005/ Revised U.G.C./ICAR/AICTE Pay Scales of1996/2006 even if because of administrative reasons, they have not actually drawn the pay in their Revised Pay Scales as yet.
- (ii) Pensioners/FamilyPensionersofthemembersofthe Andhra Pradesh State Higher Judicial Service and Andhra Pradesh State Judicial Service.
- (iii) Financial Assistance grantees who are not getting Dearness Relief.
- iv) Those who are appointed on or after 01.09.2004.
17. Revised Consolidated Basic Pension now sanctioned shallbe worked out with reference to the gross Pension i.e.including commuted portion of Pension. As such, the commuted portion of pension which remained unrestored, should be deducted from the Revised ConsolidatedBasic Pension while making monthly disbursements.
18. In respect of pensioners and family pensioners who are reemployed, employed, respectively, their pension/ family pension shall also be notionally consolidated and Revised Consolidated Basic Pension/ Revised Consolidated Basic Family pension arrived at notionally. The pay drawn by the re-employed pensioners during the period ofre-employment shall also be re-fixed taking into account the Revised Consolidated Basic Pension. Dearness Relief beyond 01.07.2013will not be admissible to them during the period of re-employment as per the orders issued in G.O.Ms.No.145, Finance and Planning (FW.PSC) Department dated 16.10.2000.
19. At the time of noting Revised Consolidated Basic Pension on the Pension Payment Order, the Pension Disbursing Officer shall simultaneously calculate and note the corresponding Revised Consolidated Basic Enhanced Family Pension and Revised Consolidated Basic Normal Family Pension on the Pension Payment orders. Similarly, in case where Enhanced Family Pension is being paid, the Normal Family Pension to be payable in future should also be consolidated and noted on the Pension Payment Orders.
20. Thepensiondisbursingofficersshallcommunicatetheamount of Revised Consolidated Basic Pension and Revised Consolidated Basic Enhanced Family Pension /Revised Consolidated Basic Normal Family Pension to all the service pensioners, family pensioners and obtain their acknowledgment in token of having received the same.Simultaneously, the details of Revised Consolidated Basic Pension/ Revised Consolidated basic Family Pension shall be kept in the website.
21. Government also hereby order that the existingMinimum PensionofRs.3350/-p.m.shallbe enhancedtoRs.6500/-p.m.This enhancement shall come into force with effect from 01.07.2013, with the monetary benefit from 02.06.2014 and the arrears shall be paid as mentioned in para 5 above.
22. In respect of pensioners, whose Revised ConsolidatedBasic Pension/Revised Consolidated Basic Family Pension falls short of Rs.6500/, the same shall be raised to Rs.6500/- p.m.
23. Enhancement of minimum pension shall apply to those pensioners referred to in para 15 above and Pensioners who are in receipt of Family Pension under G.O.Ms.No.83,Finance and Planning (FW.Pen-I) Department, dated 05.03.1983 and G.O.Ms.No.314, Finance and Planning (FW.Pen-I) Department, dated 21.11.1983.
24. The minimum pension is inclusive of commuted portion of pension. As such commuted portion of pension will be deducted from the minimum pension of Rs.6,500/- per month while making monthly disbursement except in respect of pensioners whose commutation is restored as per the existing orders.
25. Government also hereby order that the existing Financial Assistance of Rs.3,350/- p.m. shall be revised and placed at the minimum of family pension of Rs.6,500/-p.m.No Dearness Relief will be admissible on this Financial Assistance. This enhancement shall come into force with effect from 01.07.2013, with the monetary benefit from 02.06.2014 andarrears to be paid as mentioned in Para 5 above.
26. In respect of pensioners drawing two pensionsviz. Service Pension and Family Pension, both pensions shall separately be eligible for enhancement toaminimumofRs.6,500/-p.m. The employed Family Pensioner shall been titled for payment ofDearness Relief on Family Pension irrespective of the fact that he/sheis getting Dearness Allowance on his/herpay.This provision, however,shall not be applicable to the Government employees who are appointed on compassionate grounds.
27. AllPensionDisbursingOfficers,i.e.all Treasury Officers/Pension Payment Officers are requested to implement these orders without any further authorization from the Accountant General (A&E), Andhra Pradesh& Telangna Hyderabad/ Director of State Audit, Telangana, Hyderabad.
28. The expenditure is allocable among the various States in accordance withthe provisionsofG.O.Ms.No.198Finance Department, dated.10.07.1969, G.O.Ms.No.97Finance (PSC) Department, dated.07.05.2014, G.O.Ms.No.122Finance (Pen.I) Department, dated 22.05.2014 and also as per instructions issued vide Cicular Memo No. 9665/125/PSC/2014 Finance (PSC) Department dt. 06.05.2014.
29.In re spe ct of the categories of employees who are not covered for payment through the Treasuries, the expenditure shall be debited to the Pension Funds of the concerned Institutions/ Bodies.
30. The G.O is available on Internet and can be accessed at the address http://www.telangana.gov.in/goir and http://www.Telanganafinance.gov.in.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF GOVERNER OF TELANGANA)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
Get GO 33 Pensioner
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
Get GO 33 Pensioner