SCHOOL EDUCATION (TRAINING) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 36 Dated: 23-12-2015Read the following:
- RTE Act-2009 of Ministry of Law and Justice, Govt. of India,
- NCTE Gazette Notification, dt.23.8.2010
- NCTE, Guidelines for conduct of TET communicated vide Lr.No.76-
- NCTE Gazette Notification, dt.29.7.2011.
- G.O.Ms.No.51, SE (Genl.) Dept., dt.16.4.2011.
- G.O.Ms.No.70, SE (Genl.) Dept., dt.06.6.2011.
- G.O.Ms.No.102, Education (SE.Genl.II) Dept.,
- G.O.Ms.No.256, Finance(SMPC-I) Dept., dt.8.12.2011.
- G.O.Ms.No.4, Edn. (Ser.II) Dept., dt.09.01.2012.
- From the Director of School Education, Telangana,
Hyderabad Lr.Rc.No.22/TSTET/2015, dt.03-12-2015 &
- From the Director, SCERT & Convenor TET, Telangana
*****O R D E R:
In the reference 1st read above, Govt. of India have enacted RTE Act, 2009 on 27.08.2009 titled “The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education”. In accordance with the provision of Sub-Section (1) of section 23 of the RTE Act, National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), New Delhi has laid down minimum qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a Teacher in a category for Classes I to VIII in its Principal Notification dated 23rd August, 2010 and amendments issued thereon. The minimum qualifications include a Pass in Teacher Eligibility Test (TET). Pursuant to the said Guidelines, it has been decided to conduct Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) for all persons, who aspire to become Teachers for Classes 1st to 8th in all Schools (Govt. / ZP / MP / Municipal /Recognized Pvt.Aided & Pvt.Un-Aided etc.,) in the State of Telangana at least once every year. The rationale for including the TET pass as a minimum qualification for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher is as under:-
- It would bring National Standards and benchmark of Teacher quality in the recruitment process.
- It would induce Teacher Education Institutions and students from these Institutions to further improve their performance standards.
- It would send a positive signal to all the stakeholders that the Government lays special emphasis on Teacher quality.
3. Government after careful examination of the proposals of the Director of School Education, Telangana, Hyderabad hereby issue the following Guidelines/ Instructions for conduct of Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) in supersession of the guidelines issued earlier in this regard.