GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
School Education – Mid Day Meal Programme – Enhancement of Cooking Cost w.e.f 01.07.2016 -
Further Orders – Issued
SCHOOL EDUCATION (PROG.II) DEPARTMENT
G.O.RT.No. 134 Dated: 01-10-2016Read:-
1. From the Director (MDM), GoI, MHRD, DSE&L, MDM Division, Shastri Bhavan, New
Delhi F.No. 11-1/2011-Desk(MDM) dt: 01.07.2016.
2. From the Director of School Education, Telangana, Hyderabad Lr.Rc.No.
01/MDM/2016, dated: 11.07.2016, 23.07.2016 & 24.08.2016.
Government of India vide reference 1st read above has informed that it has been decided to
increase the cooking cost by 7% w.e.f. 1st July, 2016 for 2016-17 over and above the cooking cost
for the year 2015-16 The rates of the cooking cost admissible w.e.f. 01.07.2016 during 2016-17 for
Primary and Upper Primary Classes would be as under :-
2. The Director of School Education, Telangana, Hyderabad vide references 2nd read above
has submitted proposal for issuing Orders for the enhancement of the Cooking Cost under National
Programme of Mid Day Meal Scheme for Primary and Upper Primary Schools w.e.f. 01.07.2016 as
per the GoI norms and Orders for the enhancement of the Cooking Cost from Rs.6.78/- to 8.18/-
w.e.f. 01.07.2016 as the State Share for providing Mid Day Meals for Classes IX and X as follows:-
3. After careful examination of the proposal Government hereby enhance the Cooking Cost
from Rs.4.86 to Rs.6.13 for Primary Schools and Rs.6.78 to Rs.8.18 for Upper Primary Schools as
agreed by the Government of India and Cooking Cost from Rs.6.78/- to 8.18/- for Classes IX & X
on par with the Upper Primary Classes w.e.f. 01.07.2016.
4. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (EBS.IV) Department vide their U.O.No.
11354/227/EBS IV/SE/2016, Dt: 19.09.2016.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF TELANGANA)
RANJEEV R. ACHARYA
SPECIAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
Click here to Download GO Rt No. 134