GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Education Department – Recruitment of Teachers through DSC - Ordersdated 15-01-2013 of Supreme Court of India in Civil Appeals No.7479–7485 of 2009 filed by Sri Irrigineni Venkata Krishna & others (207) D.Ed. candidates – entitle them to apply for the posts of SGTs in DSC notification issued within three years from the date of orders (i.e.) from 15-01-2013 to 14-01-2016 in relaxation of age limits for the post – Orders– Issued.
SCHOOL EDUCATION (PE.SER-II) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Rt.No. 1443 Dated 27/11/2013.
Read the following:-
- G.O.Ms.No.96, Education (Services-II) Department,Dated 25/07/2005.
- G.O.Ms.No.44, Education (Services-VII) Department,Dated 16/05/2006
- From the APAT, Hyderabad Judgment Dt.22/12/2006 in O.A. No.254/2006 and batch.
- From the High Court of AP, Judgment Dt.29/8/2008 in WP.No.12799/2007 and batch
- From the High Court of A.P., Hyderabad judgment dated 28/11/2008 in W.P.M.P.No. 28163/2008 in W.P. No.12799/2007
- G.O.Ms.No.161, Education (Services –VI) Department, Dated 06/12/2008.
- G.O.Ms.No.28, Education (Services – VI) Department, Dated 29/01/2009.
- G.O.Ms.No.112, School Education (SE.Genl.II) Department, Dated 06/10/2009.
- From the Supreme Court of India orders dated 09/11/2009 in S.L.P. No.27031/2008 and batch.
- G.O.Ms.No.4, Education (PE.Ser.II) Department, Dt.09/01/2012.
- G.O.Ms.No.91, School Education (PE.Ser.II) Department, Dt.03/11/2012.
- From the Supreme Court of India orders dated 15/1/2013 in Civil Appeal Nos.7479 to 7485 of 2009.
- From the C&D.S.E., A.P., Hyderabad, Letter Rc.No.911/RC-4/2008, Dated 23/03/2013.
Government have formulated Special Rules for the Andhra Pradesh School Educational Sub-ordinate Service vide G.O.Ms.No.96, Education (Services.II) Department, dated 25/07/2005. As per Rule 5(v)(III)(1) of the said rules, qualifications for post of Secondary Grade Teacher through Direct Recruitment are stipulated as following :-
“Must possess Intermediate Certificate issued by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh and D.Ed. Certificate issued by the Director of Government Examinations, Andhra Pradesh.
Must possess a Bachelors Degree and a B.Ed. Degree / D.Ed.”
2. Accordingly, Government issued “A.P.Direct Recruitment to the posts of Teachers (Scheme of Selection) Rules, 2006” vide G.O.Ms.No.44, Education (Services-VII) Dept., dated 16/05/2006 for the purpose of recruitment of Teachers in DSC-2006.
3. The above Rules were challenged by Sri Irrigineni Venkata Krisnha & others in O.A.No.254/2006 and batch. Finally the matter was disposed by the Supreme Court of India in their orders dated 15/1/2013 in Civil Appeals No.7479 to 7485 of 2009 filed by the applicants with a relief to the applicants that, “if within three years from to day the vacancies for Secondary Grade Teachers in the State of Andhra Pradesh are notified, the appellants herein shall be entitled to apply for the same and the provision concerning the age as regards them shall stand relaxed.”
4. The Commissioner & Director of School Education has stated that in view of the orders of the Supreme Court of India dated 15/01/2013 the action of the Government in considering / prescribing / allowing / selecting B.Ed. candidates to the post of SGT in DSC 2006 and DSC 2008 selections is upheld. No further action is required with regard to SGT selections in DSC 2006 and DSC 2008. However, in view of the relief granted to the applicants in the above Civil Appeals, he has requested the Government to issue necessary orders to entitle 207 applicants / petitioners / D.Ed. candidates (i.e.) Irrigineni Venkata Krishna and others to apply for the posts of Secondary Grade Teacher in the DSC notifications to be issued by the Government in the next three years from the date of Supreme Court orders (i.e.) from 15/01/2013 to 14/01/2016 in relaxation of the upper age limit prescribed by the Government from time to time for the post of Secondary Grade Teachers in the State.
5. Government, after careful consideration of the matter, hereby permit the Commissioner & Director of School Education, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad to implement the orders of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in Civil Appeals No.7479/2009 to 7485/2009, dated 15-01-2013 and allow the 207 D.Ed. candidates (i.e.) the Appellants / Petitioners in the above Civil Appeals to apply for the posts of Secondary Grade Teachers in DSC notifications to be issued within the next three years from the date of Supreme Court orders (i.e.) from 15/01/2013 to 14/01/2016 in relaxation of the upper age limit prescribed for the recruitment to the posts of Secondary Grade Teachers from time to time.
6. The Commissioner & Director of School Education is requested to take necessary action accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT (SE).