7. Choreography, a Multifaceted Tool
Choreography is a performance art and it makes use of some theatrical components. It is a discourse that can communicate effectively to itsviews. As a pedagogic tool it can be used to facilitate the development of communication skills. Like the drama it caters to the development of multiple intelligences. Choreographing a poem implies deeper understanding of its theme.
The following process is used for choreographing the poem:
- Identifying the theme/themes of the poem(stanza-wise).
- Identifying instances form real life that manifest the theme.
- Identify the characters and their actions.
- Deciding the location where the actions take place.
- Deciding the actions of the chorus to create the setting.
- Sequencing the actions.
- Setting music to the poem.
- Singing the poem and synchronizing the movements and actions of the characters with the rhythm of the song.